Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Food Drive

Eating a can of soup for lunch usually wouldn’t be such a big problem for me, or potential problem, as it is today.  It’s not the sodium I’m worried about, and you shouldn’t be worried either.  I always pick out the low sodium.  I know any amount of weight gain would have unfavorable effects on my social standing.  I have made an effort to teach my infant son, Harry, this valuable lesson, but the flashcards do not seem to be getting through to him. 

The problem is the food drive I put together.  It ended today, and after coming back from the food shelf to drop off everyone’s very thoughtful donations, I then opened a can of soup to eat myself.  What’s to stop anyone from assuming I did not take a few, or all, of the food donations to my house?  It’s more likely I would have brought only about half of the food to my house and left a few cans in my desk at work.  I also noticed there were granola bars, so I probably would have kept a couple in my purse and glove compartment of my car.

Making this even more problematic is the fact I “forcefully” insisted upon my bringing the donations to STEP, the food shelf in St. Louis Park, on my own.  I use quotations around forcefully because I would not go so far as to say I demanded I do it alone in a threatening manner, but that’s how the event was documented by my employer’s Human Resources Department. 

No comments:

Post a Comment